First, I’d like to thank you all for reading and following along. I’d also like to wish you all a special Happy Thanksgiving 🦃!
As I was scrolling down my Facebook timeline or newsfeed, I saw so many people posting why they were thankful. I have to admit, for the first time in a long time, I felt deeply inspired. It’s been so long since I’ve seen so much positivity on Facebook. It is truly refreshing. Facebook was at the point that it was depressing and unnerving. I eventually felt the need to take a step back from Facebook and a few other social media outlets.
It can be quite discouraging when you’re trying to focus on your inner-self and being happy. It can be even more discouraging when you’re trying to either launch, grow or maintain your business. The recent presidential election really brought out sides of people I never knew existed. I began to question everything and the authenticity of everyone. How can someone smile in your face and post such hateful things? Why does the world never seem happy?
What is real? What is fake?
So many questions and I realized that I was questioning my own faith. My own beliefs. My own will power and triumphs. I opened Facebook today just to post the above Happy Thanksgiving picture and became immediately engulfed by all of the Thanksgiving posts, reasons why they were thankful and well wishes to others. It’s truly beautiful. Today makes us take a step back from our cumbersome lives and appreciate the many blessings we have.
Hence, why I am writing today. After a social media break, I feel relieved, revived and inspired. I don’t always talk about my success with my Avon business as I’m rather timid and humble but it has given me a great deal to be grateful.
Why am I grateful for my Avon business?
1) I have the flexibility of working my business from anywhere. Right now, I’m writing this blog from my new iPhone 7 plus (Jet Black for those wondering). As long as I have internet, I can run my business from anywhere. Even without internet, I can still run my business in means of placing calls/texts, receiving orders and helping my team members. What other business do you know that allows you to run your business from your phone?
2) Tied into reason number one — I can also work my full-time job and my Avon business. It’s not impossible! I have a team of over 180 and I have already personally sold well over $10,000 since the year began. Since mid- February, my team has sold well over $110,000! I run majority of my business online though I do service a few local businesses on the weekends. That’s it! My business is running autopilot most of the time.
3) I know this business isn’t for everyone. Not just Avon but direct sales in general. It takes a lot of hard work, dedication, persistence, and discipline to be your own boss. You need a lot of willpower and the ability to overcome adversity. Statistics show that many people quit in their first year. I’m proud to announce that I just reached my one year anniversary with Avon!
4) It’s also said that most businesses are not profitable in the first year. As some of you may know, I began taking my Avon business seriously in January due to student loan debt. I’m proud to report that my Avon business checking account has a positive balance and Avon pays my 2016 Nissan Maxima’s car note, insurance and a few other things! With less money coming out of my work check, I can free up some of that student loan debt. Not bad for working my Avon business part-time, right?
5) I’m controlling my destiny. My goals are far from over. Eventually, I want to work my Avon business full-time and I’m taking those actions to be able to do so. I hate the uncertainty of knowing whether or not I’ll have a job, not having complete autonomy and succumbing to even the most ridiculous request.
To me, in my first year, I’m doing fabulous with my Avon business! With more experience and knowledge, I know my second year is only going to get better! And that gives me something to work towards! I’m very hopeful and excited about what’s in store.
If you’d like to join me, Join Avon Now
I’d love to be your mentor. Together, we can make this happen!