At first I was a little embarrassed to say this and even now, I can’t believe I’m typing it but I’ve got to share this with you. Part of this is actually pretty darn funny when you think about it. As you know, I hardly get the time to get all dolled up and make an appearance but it doesn’t stop me from lathering my lashes in mascara, creating arches galore eyebrows and glossing these lips.
Tuesday, I decided to take it a step further and applied foundation. It was the next step towards becoming a glamazon but I had to make it quick. When you’re up at 5:30 a.m., rarely do your eyes and mind work at the same time.
Once I got to work, I decided to get on SnapChat and crack my daily jokes but I noticed something was off. My photos and videos looked like they had a filter on them. Nothing major but like I edited the photo with the tool to soften the skin. I thought maybe it was SnapChat’s new filter (even though I don’t use them) or built-in feature.
I decided to take pictures using my regular camera and noticed the same thing. All of my pictures looked — flawless! What the hell! I couldn’t figure it out so I decided Apple must have sent out an automatic update for the camera. I asked two of my co-workers if they noticed any difference with their cameras. One co-worker has iPhone 6 Plus and the other has iPhone 7 Plus (same as I do).
We actually pulled out our phones and did mini photo-shoots to compare the cameras. We snapped pictures of walls, bags, and anything else that was nearby. All of the pictures looked about the same but they stated they didn’t notice any difference in their camera. No one dared to take a selfie. Bad hair days and such. I was so confused that I actually updated my Facebook status and asked my friends if they noticed anything different with their iPhone cameras! Only one person thought the camera changed but others argued that it hadn’t.
I took another selfie without makeup and OMG! Now that’s some good stuff! Any time your foundation can convince you that your camera has been secretly updated — you know you have some good stuff. I can’t believe how amazing the coverage can be. Instead of just talking about it, I wanted to show you. All pictures are untouched and unedited. I even included a picture from today with absolutely no makeup (don’t judge me).
No makeup (ewwwww):
The best darn foundation ever (about 5 hours since applied):
The makeup routine:
1: Cleansed with Anew Clean Refining Daily Scrub – love this stuff
2. Moisturized* with nutraeffects Balance Day Cream SPF 15 – designed for people with oily or combination skin. First time using it. Official opinion coming soon.
3. Applied Flawless Liquid Foundation – applied with beauty sponge
4. Set it with Flawless Loose Powder – just lightly dusted with large powder brush
5. Created brows with Glimmersticks Brow Definer
6. Masked the lashes in SuperExtend Nourishing Mascara
7. Puckered up with mark. Lipclick Matte Full Color Lipstick in Starlet
8. Applied blush
9. Finished it off with Makeup Setting Spray – this is the original formula, not the True Color Makeup Setting Spray. The packaging itself makes me want to scream as it looks so beautiful! Can’t wait to try it.
* Note: I skipped my MagiX Face Perfector as I wanted to try out the new mattifying moisturizer and wanted to see if it really works. I’ll try to pair both together soon and see how they work together.
Needless to say, I love it! I didn’t want to look too made up and it was perfect. You can build it to your liking and it still feels very lightweight. And the best part about all of this? It’s currently on sale for $8.99! So if you’re interested, click the pic below to pick up your bottle.