Listen to this blog by clicking the PLAY button below. Bonus tips included in audio.
Facebook isn’t all drama and chaos. It can really be a wonderful tool for your business whether you are a social media influencer, small business owner, entrepreneur or aspiring entrepreneur. Facebook is the LARGEST social site out there. With so many people, it’s hard to keep track UNLESS you use Facebook Lists.
I am a BIG fan of Facebook Lists. Though I do have a business page, I do not have a VIP customer group BECAUSE I utilize Facebook Lists. My two personal challenges: horrible memory and I’m a bit of an introvert. I don’t like being pushy either.
Once I learned about and implemented the lists, I noticed not only were more of my friends requests accepted but I also received more friend requests and higher engagement and conversions on my posts.
Benefits of using Facebook Lists:
More effective marketing and communication (you’re only speaking to those who are interested):
- Control who sees each posts (public, friends and lists)
- No more bugging family members
- Not annoying like unsolicited Facebook group “invites”
- Less intimidating than asking new friend if they’d be interested in joining
- Educate/entertain certain groups
- Keep in touch
- Build relationships with new friends
- No competing with business pages or groups
- Could be less time consuming than managing a group
Where to Find Facebook Lists
If you are using a computer or PC, you can find Facebook Lists by following these steps:
- When you are visiting someone’s profile, you’ll have four options near their name: Friends, Following, Message and More Options (3 dots).
- Click of Friends and you’ll see a drop down including Close Friends, Acquaintances, Add to another list, Suggest Friends or Unfriend.
- Next “Add to another list.”
- Then “New List” to create your own. You can title it whatever you want. Friends do not see the name of the custom list.
Once you have created a new Friend List, you can view posts specifically from friends on that list. Follow these steps to see the list:
- After you log-in to Facebook, from the main page, look down at the left-hand side of the screen.
- Under the Explore section, click on Friend List
- Select the desired list and you will only see posts from those on this list.
Note: as you see, there is an option to create more lists even if you are not on the friend’s profile.
Yes, you can still use this feature on your mobile device.
How to Find Lists on Mobile:
- Go to the person’s profile.
- You’ll see the option to click on Friends, Following, Message or More Options (like desktop mode).
- Click on Friends.
- Next, click on Edit Friend List to add the friend to a specific listNote: creating a new List is not an option at this stage in the mobile application.
How to View the Newsfeed for Each List in Mobile Application
- Click the three horizontal bars in the application for the Menu
- Scroll down until you see Feeds.
- Depending on your lists, you may be able to see the one at the top. If not, click “See All.”
Final words: Now that you have your lists set up, speak to each audience individually. Tailor your messages appropriately. Don’t post a bunch of spam regardless of the lists. Remember, add a call-to-action if you’d like them to take an additional such as ‘liking’ your business page or join your Facebook group.
For more social media tips, check out this page or free Facebook group dedicated to getting you more social!
2 thoughts on “How to Effectively Use Facebook Lists”
Pingback: How I Got Almost 80 Customer Leads from One Facebook Post | Chicago's Beauty
Pingback: How I Got Almost 80 Customer Leads from One Facebook Post – Chicago's Beauty