Facebook Live Video is So Overrated!
Press PLAY button to listen to this blog.
The key to successful social media marketing is not only staying abreast and adapting to technical changes or advancements but it’s also finding your voice and strengthening it. I personally HATE Live Facebook videos for so many reasons! Do I feel they can help some people? Yes but they are not for everyone — I happen to be part of the rising number.
Here’s why I hate Facebook Live Video:
- Time-consuming – I can’t fast-forward to the meat
- Pushed down our throats – I literally have multiple friends all going live at once, I’d have to try to figure out who’s really talking about something and not just pushing their business
- Can’t multitask – no I won’t be pressing a 1, 2, 3 or whatever else you instruct me to do because I probably won’t even be holding my phone
- Too salesy – Facebook has now even included a way to mark the video as spam WHILE it’s occurring so obviously many others have a problem with this as well
At the time of this audio, I didn’t realize Gary Vaynerchuk had made a blog months ago about the same thing. I was in the process of uploading the audio to this blog and saw he made a Facebook post today addressing the same thing. If you’d like to check out his article, please read The Rise of Audio & Voice.
Gary explains it from a numbers perspective and I’m explaining it from more of a psychological/consumer standpoint.
I think it’s the perfect example of “if it doesn’t make dollars, it doesn’t make sense.” LOL lame humor, I know — we’re all allowed to have our moment.
Alternatives to Facebook Live Video:
- Facebook Live Audio – let’s users know they don’t have to give undivided attention
- Downloadable PDFs
- Conference Call
- Facebook/Instagram/SnapChat stories — usually shorter in length so you get to the point and get audience engaged
Anyway, I’m curious, what’s your color code? Take the test here and share your results with me!